e-Learning: German Employment Law
- Recruitment and conclusion of the employment contract
- Rights and duties of employer and employee
- Termination of the employment relationship
- Works council and trade union relations
- Update on court decisions in key areas
This distinguishes our event
Aims and objectivesThis e-learning programme helps you understand and implement German employment and labour law.
- Understand the structure and particularities of German employment and labour law.
- Become competent in managing the daily tasks and problems that are related to employment and labour law.
- Understand and make use of the appropriate tools when engaging or dismissing employees, or restructuring your business.
- German key vocabulary is introduced without you having to speak or understand German.
- Get up to date on the latest court decisions relating to dismissal, employment contracts, the Minimum Wage Act and other key topics.
Who should attend?This e-Learning programme has been tailored for executives and HR professionals dealing with German employment law within companies or corporate groups, or as independent service providers.
- Introductory note
- Some facts and figures on the German employment market
- Players: employees - employer - trade unions - works council
- Labour courts/conciliation board
- Hiring process
- Conclusion of employment contract
- Works council rights related to hiring/engagement
- Rules governing the employment relationship
- Rights and duties of the employer/employee
- Types of end of contract (expiry, contract, notice of termination)
- Formal requirements for termination
- Material requirements (ordinary termination)
- Material requirements (extraordinary termination)
- Special rules for mass / collective dismissal
- Special protection against dismissal
Martin Koller-van Delden is senior partner and responsible for employment and labour law at MELCHERS Rechtsanwälte, with offices in Frankfurt, Heidelberg and Berlin. He has specialised in employment and labour law for more than ten years. Besides his qualification as a German lawyer (with honours), Martin has obtained a Master of Laws (with honours) at Exeter University, UK, and at the Université de Strasbourg, France. In his practice, Martin regularly advises international companies and holding companies on employment and labour law issues in Germany.
Nähere Informationen finden Sie hier.
The e-learning programme ‘German Employment Law’ comprises four didactic modules that include videos in which the expert Martin Koller-van Delden shares his expertise with you. You can also download and print the corresponding presentation documents. Each module ends with a test. Once you have completed the modules and passed all the tests, you will be awarded a certificate, which you can print out directly. The e-learning programme should be completed within three months. Try our e-learning programme for free and familiarise yourself with our learning environment.
How does it work?
- 1. Register for an e-learning programme on our website.
- 2. You will receive an email with your login data to our learning platform.
- 3. You may start your e-learning programme once you have logged in.
What participants say about our e-learning programmes
You can create your own schedule, pause and rewind the video at any time, and avoid being pressed for time. Travel expenses and time off work are a thing of the past. I completed the e-learning programme from home, which was great.'
Bioforce AG, Roggwil (Switzerland)