Intellectual Property - In-Depth Course for IP Administrators: Trademark and Design
- Defects, corrections and remedies
- Main differences between European procedures and China, Japan, South Korea, US
Aims and objectivesIn practice, most cases are processed using well-tested procedures without problems. However, if something unexpected occurs, knowing more about the sanctions and remedies available will increase your confidence in dealing with it.
This course provides guidance on uncommon parts of the procedures, explaining the major steps to be taken and the best practices to avoid further complications. In addition, the major differences and difficulties in states outside Europe are covered to provide a more global view.
- Legal assistants
- Formalities managers
- Filing and procedure for EU design and trademark
- Filing and procedure for international design and trademark
- Recent legal changes
- Main procedural steps in China, Japan, South Korea, US
- Fee reductions for small entities
- US: claims, inventors’ rights
- Complications when transferring rights
- Defects, corrections and remedies
- Seniority of EU trademarks
- Conversion of EU and international trademark application
- Opting back procedure
- Opposition, limitation & appeal
- Watching & monitoring
- Avoiding loss of rights due to generic use
- Opposition and appeal
- Defects, corrections and r emedies
- Renunciation and limitation of a trademark
- Deferment of design publication
- Unregistered designs
- Opposition and invalidity
- Refusal and review in China, Japan, South Korea, US
Originally from the UK, Pete has lived in the Netherlands for 30 years. After 5 years inhouse at ASML, he moved to the private practice DeltaPatents in 2007, dividing his time between patent work, management and training in European and PCT law. As partner, he was responsible for the procedures and functioning of their formalities group. He was one of the original tutors when DeltaPatents started training patent administrators, and passed the first exam himself in 2011 to become a Certified Formalities Officer (NL). He was also one of the first tutors to teach administrators at the EPO as part of their EPAC program. In 2017 he left DeltaPatents to start his own firm, Fireball Patents, providing cost-effective patent services to SME's and startups.
NL 1011 Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 5300800
Fax: +31 20 5300801
- The global IP context will become clearer
- You will be able to better assess what to do in uncommon situations
- You will be able to work independently
- Communication with your team and your direct supervisor will improve
Prerequisite knowledge of:
- The various intellectual property rights and the differences between them
- How and where to register these IP rights
- Their different granting procedures and the granting prerequisites
Attendees will receive course material comprising comprehensive documentation provided by the speakers, which will be a valuable reference source for the future.
This course will provide a detailed guidance to the formal requirements of US patent prosecution.
28.09.2018 in Amsterdam
The course will provide you with in-depth and practical knowledge of how the Madrid system functions and of its latest developments.
26. - 28.09.2018 in Amsterdam
The purpose of this seminar is to inform the participants how to prepare an international application for filing under the PCT and subsequently monitor the consecutive procedural steps, timelimits and payment of fees in the PCT international phase up to and including entry into the national phase in designated and elected states.
25. - 26.10.2018 in Amsterdam
This course will help participants adequately prepare an application for filing with EUIPO/WIPO and provide guidance on administrative aspects such as the required filing documentation, procedural steps, monitoring time limits and fees.
18.10.2018 in Amsterdam
The IP Manager course was developed in cooperation with experienced IP managers from the International Institute for IP Management (I³PM) working in the industry and private practice. Each course day includes a mix of theory and practice. The course content has been chosen with regard to practical application in daily practice.
16.10. - 30.11.2018 in Den Haag