Patent Portfolio Generation and Management
- Essentials of patent portfolio management
- Budgeting and organizing patent portfolio management
- Patent portfolio generation
- Extracting value from the patent portfolio
- Pruning the patent portfolio
- Patent portfolio management exercies
Aims and objectivesPatent portfolios need to be well managed. Only then a patent portfolio will contribute to the company's revenue and will not be a burden on the company's budget. Attend this practical course on patent portfolio generation (PPG) and patent portfolio management (PPM) and learn from firsthand experience of an experienced patent portfolio manager. Attendees will be shown practical tools and templates. Tools can be scaled and used in different industries. After the course, attendees will be able to improve their patent portfolio generation and management skills.
- Team analysis; hiring
- Workload/performance assessment
- Defining Patent Department goals
- Reporting to top management
- Creating IP awareness and knowledge
- Patent portfolio generation: workflow
- R&D process: patent dept. involvement
- Invention generation/disclosure form
- Submission of inventions
- Screening; prior art searches
- Patent Committees; review processes
- Invention assessment; decisions
- Awards; feedback to inventors
- Patent portfolio management: workflow
- Tech-based organization
- Insourcing vs. outsourcing; internal instructions
- Outsourcing architectures
- Agents: agreements; schedule of fees; collaboration
- Forecasting; monitoring
- Patent types in a large patent portfolio
- Criteria for a valuable patent portfolio
- Identifying valuable patents
- Strategies for patent portfolio review
- Patent intelligence tools
- Claim charting; ranking systems
- Targeted/Accelerated prosecution
- Advantages and disadvantages of different strategies
Simone Frattasi is a European Patent Attorney and a Telecommunications Engineer with a PhD in Wireless, Mobile Communications. From 2016, he is the Head of the Patent Section of a leading telecommunications company based in Sweden. Previously, he worked as a Patent Attorney at two Danish IP firms (Patrade and Plougmann&Vingtoft) and as a Technical Project Manager at Aalborg University, Denmark. He is a Swedish representative in: "ISO-TC279: Innovation Management System, WG3, Guidelines for IP Management.
NL 1054 Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 6075555
Fax: +31 20 60075511
Enjoy a discounted room rate with the promotional code R0I. Simply specify the SET number when making your reservation at the event hotel.
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Stadhouderskade 12 · NL 1054 Amsterdam
Tel. +31 20 6075555 · Fax +31 20 60075511
'This is really helpful for building our IP department. What I liked most: the practical applicability of the course content.
Excellent course for portfolio managers.'
'The course has met my expectations. I liked that the course was practical.'
'Good insight in portfolio management, practical tools, templates.'