IP Risk Management
- Get to know the typical IP related risks
- The psychology of IP risk management
- Implementation of an IP risk management process
- Finding IP risk mitigation solutions
- IP risk register
- How to visualize IP risks
Aims and objectivesIn a VUCA world (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity & Ambiguity), handling intellectual property means also managing IP risks. These risks can relate to patents, trade secrets, soft IP and open source software. Attend this course and learn how to set up a proper IP risk management process. You will also be taught IP risk mitigation techniques. Our experienced speaker will show you tools as the IP risk register or the IP risk heatmap. Case studies will help you tackle future IP risk management challenges.
- IP value and risk
- IP related risks: patent related risks / trade secret related risks / soft IP related risks / open source software related risks
- The psychology associated with risk
- What has this got to do with intellectual property?
- How do companies react to IP related risks?
- denial mode / reactive mode / proactive mode
- IP risk appetite, tolerance and threshold
- What is the right IP risk tolerance level for a company?
- Components needed for IP risk management
- What is the IP risk management process
- Key steps in the IP risk management process: identification, analysis, review, mitigation, monitoring
- IP risk management standard: principles and guidelines on implementation, risk assessment techniques, risk management - vocabulary
- Top down vs bottom up IP risk assessment
- IP risk mitigation
- Fundamental techniques of IP risk control: IP risk avoidance, IP risk reduction, IP risk transfer, IP risk sharing, IP risk acceptance
- IP risk mitigation solutions
- Risk registers in general
- The IP risk register
- Supporting the IP risk management process
- Where is this IP Risk Register located?
- Factors to consider when selecting an IP risk register
- Data visualisation
- IP risk visualisation / IP risk heatmap
Donal is the Managing Director of Chawton Innovation Services which offers consultancy in the areas of innovation and IP management. He is formerly a VP of R&D and a Director of IP at Nokia where he worked for 21 years and gained wide and varied experience in the wireless telecoms industry. Donal is also a Visiting Researcher at Imperial College Business School in London where he teaches about 'IP management'. Donal's books include 'Inside the Patent Factory' and Harvesting External Innovation'. He is also written a large number of papers on various aspects of innovation and IP. Since 2013, Donal has been included into the IAM 300. He is a graduate from NIHE Limerick (now The University of Limerick) in Ireland in '85, with a Degree in Electronic Engineering.
NL 1054 ES Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 685 1351
- know the essentials of IP risk management,
- know how to set up an IP risk management process,
- be prepared for IP risks to come.
Our speakers will help you to gain an in-depth understanding of Art 83 EPC. After the course, you will be able to better balance the needs for disclosing the necessary information for the European patent application and keeping important features of the invention secret for other jurisdictions.
22.10.2019 in Amsterdam