Patent Portfolio Generation and Management
- Essentials of patent portfolio management
- Budgeting and organizing patent portfolio management
- Patent portfolio generation
- Extracting value from the patent portfolio
- Pruning the patent portfolio
- Patent portfolio management exercises
Aims and objectivesOnly well-managed patent portfolios will contribute to the company's revenue and will not be a burden on the company's budget. Attend this practical course on patent portfolio generation (PPG) and patent portfolio management (PPM) and learn from firsthand experience of an experienced patent portfolio manager. Attendees will be shown practical tools and templates. Tools can be scaled and used in different industries.
- Forecasting; monitoring; Countermeasures
- Patent portfolio generation: workflow; R&D process: patent dept. involvement
- Invention generation/disclosure form; submission of inventions
- Screening; prior art searches; Patent Committees; review processes
- Invention assessment; decisions; awards; feedback to inventors
- Patent portfolio management: workflow; tech-based organization
- Insourcing vs. outsourcing; internal instructions; outsourcing architectures
- Agents: agreements; schedule of fees; collaboration
- Patent quality guidelines; monitoring (reviews; checklists; scoring)
- Feedback; removal
- Different strategies - advantages/disadvantages
Simone Frattasi is a European Patent Attorney and a Telecommunications Engineer with a PhD in Wireless, Mobile Communications. Since June 2019, he is the Head of Global IP at Maersk, Denmark. From 2016 to 2019, he was the Head of the Patent Section of Sony Mobile Communications, Sweden. Previously, he worked as a Patent Attorney at two Danish IP firms (Patrade and Plougmann&Vingtoft) and as a Technical Project Manager at Aalborg University, Denmark. He was a Swedish representative in: "ISOTC279: Innovation Management System, WG3, Guidelines for IP Management".
NL 1054 Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 6075555
Fax: +31 20 60075511
'This is really helpful for building our IP department. What I liked most: the practical applicability of the course content. Excellent course for portfolio managers.'
First-hand update for patent practitioners & EQE candidates: Each year the boards of appeal of the European Patent Office hand down more than 2000 decisions. These decisions set the standard for interpreting and applying the European Patent Convention (EPC).
15.11.2019 in Amsterdam
The seminar aims to give a practical, in-depth understanding of the European Patent System.
20. - 21.11.2019 in Amsterdam/Leiden
In this seminar the strategic IP goals that can be facilitated by patent prosecution strategies will be explored.
14.11.2019 in Amsterdam/Leiden
This practical course centers around an interactive case study that provides participants with a hands-on analysis of US patent law in comparison to European Law. Special attention will be paid to US practice in the post-AIA world.
14.11.2019 in Amsterdam/Leiden
This course will lead participants through all essential steps in preparing for Oral Proceedings. The first part of the day is devoted to the patent granting procedure and opposition. The second part will prepare you for a better presentation before the Boards of Appeal. The day will be completed with a mock trial guided by our experienced speakers.
28. - 29.11.2019 in Heidelberg