Working in international teams
Chances, challenges, communication tools
- The most successful strategies for global cooperation
- The key to motivation, time commitment and team spirit
- Handling hierarchy and status issues skilfully
- Improving reliability and efficiency within your team
- Culture specific business tools around the world
This distinguishes our event
Seminar aims - 'Working in international teams'This seminar increases your global knowhow and broadens your intercultural competence.
We will cover international team building aspects, communication patterns, global business skills and hidden danger zones. This seminar will help you gain respect as an appreciated team member or team leader. It will support you in handling the challenges of a constantly changing and complex business world.
Profit of the positive effect on the people in your team, on your global career and the international success of your company!
2. Tag: 09:00 - 16:30 Uhr
- Your business context, your objectives, your questions
- Risky culture clashes and solutions
- Global overview of all business relevant cultural dimensions
- What it takes to succeed
- Intercultural dynamics and 'no-goes' to be aware of
- Practice-proven recommendations for your most 'challenging' situations
- The best boosters for team spirit
- The cultural impact on work priorities, careers and power plays
- Why do people behave 'like that'?
- How 'motivating people' in multi-national contexts actually works
- Top approaches to improve efficiency
- Managing 'mañana cultures', Asian 'time spirals' and changing priorities
- How to create trust
- The status trap: Navigating around the danger zones of hierarchical differences
- 'Ok, no problem!' - How to find out what's really going on
- Turning your priorities into theirs!
- Your key to success: The best strategies for different personalities and cultures
- How to increase commitment
- The foreign language factor: Fluent speakers vs. low levels of English
- How to interrupt and slow down native speakers elegantly
- Addressing mistakes, delays and frustration without losing momentum
- How to create your own team and communication culture
- How to make your agreements binding
- When 'Yes' means 'No': Your crystalclear guide to reading between the lines
- Culture-specific patterns: How to interpret the praise of Americans, Indian subtleties, Chinese harshness, ...
- Ways to avoid the face-losing factor especially when hierarchy is involved
- The 'door openers' for you and your tasks
- The impact of emotions in different regions
- Present, convince, succeed! Dos & don'ts to win people's support
- Mastering global feedback expectations
- The key to successful business relationships
- Why it pays to develop and broaden your intercultural skills
In a richly international career, Karin has lived, worked and studied throughout Europe and the USA. For almost 20 years, she has supported world-leading corporations in the pharmaceutical, retail and management institute industries. People-driven, innovative and dynamic: Karin's expertise ranges from improving intercultural understanding, developing global leadership and communication strategies, to enhancing your international time management and presentation skills.
Phone: +49 69 70730-0
Fax: +49 69 70730-333
- You will increase your global awareness,
- Culture specific business tools which will boost your work and your position,
- Support for tricky global business situations,
- You will improve your communication skills and create win-win-situations.
- Share your experience
- Profit from the experience of the trainer and the group
- Discuss your job scenarios & questions
- The best intercultural websites
- Country-specific dos & don'ts
- Gift giving rules & recommendations
- Checklist to evaluate the success potential & failure risk of your team
- 'One of the best seminars ever! Clear, easy to understand and entertaining!' - Rupert Lang, GKM-Therapieforschung
- 'This is a must!' - Paolo Mellino, Abbott
- 'Excellent mix of theory and practice!' - Marco Pfisterer, Schwarz Dienstleistung
"Für das gegenseitige Verständnis auf internationaler Ebene der Kommunikation."
"Sehr lebhafte und informative Veranstaltung mit vielen anschaulichen und hilfreichen Beispielen."
Schwarz Dienstleistung KG
"Empfehlenswertes Seminar, vermittelt viele Aha-Erlebnisse."
Almirall Hermal GmbH