e-Learning: The Blockchain: What it is and is not
- Understanding the context in general
- Dive into the technology in enough detail to understand it
- Understand terms like "smart contracts", "public" and "private"
- Possible use cases for/in the financial industry
Aims and objectivesIn this e-learning you will be introduced to backgrounds and the history of the blockchain technology. From this basis, it is much easier to grasp the technological foundations of the blockchain as laid out in the seminar. Therefore, you will be able to understand the basic needs of a blockchain, its applications like smart contracts and especially, its limits. So after this e-learning you will be able to - explain what a smart contract, blockchain or a distributed ledger is. - know, where the limitations of smart contracts and distributed ledgers are. - understand, where the technologies can help and how. - validate, if and which distributed ledger technology best fits your needs.
- The historic setting
- The challenges of digital money
- How it really works
- Distributed networks
- From transactions to blocks
- The block in detail
- How to reach consensus
- Challenges of the technology
- The pros and cons of different proof solutions
- What is a smart contract historically?
- How it works on a blockchain
- What are public and private blockchains?
- Understanding different system attributes
- Why we could need blockchain and where?
- Where does the term DLT come from?
- Blockchain and DAGs compared
- Different systems of DLTs
- Different sectors of the financial industry
- How DLTs could disrupt different sectors
- A look at specific sectors
Samater "Sam" Liban has been leading digital projects since 1999. From websites to "Mittelstand" and enterprise software, his mission was always to transfer knowledge between business needs and technological capabilities. Sam has dived deep into the blockchain universe, supporting startups, co-founding TheSunProtocol with partners and working for Evan.network. Today he uses his experience and knowledge in digital technologies and agile mindset to support Germanys cooperative insurer, R+V.
- 1. Register for the e-Learning programme on our website.
- 2. You will receive an e-mail with your login data for our learning platform.
- 3. Log in to start your e-Learning programme.
- 4. Complete your e-Learning modules at your own pace.
- 5. Finalise the modules with a multiple-choice test.
- 6. Once you have successfully completed the test, you will be awarded a certificate, which you can print out.
To meet your specific training requirements and goals, this course can be customized for you. To learn more about Tailored Training please contct me: Robin Reichelt +49 6221 500 870 or firstname.lastname@example.org