Digital Patents: Claim Drafting
- Software claim categories
- Identifying the technical invention
- Claim drafting tips
- Tuning the specification for technicality
- Arguing technical effect
- Find out if competitors can work around your claims
Aims and objectivesThere are some particularities to consider when drafting patent claims for computerimplemented inventions (CII).
The Claim Drafting course will allow attendees to deepen their knowledge and improve their skills in claim drafting with a focus on software patents. In order to reach this goal our program offers highly intensive drafting exercises divided into three modules over the course of the day. The emphasis lies on identifying technical subject matter which can be claimed in software patents and drafting a claim set which provides an optimum scope of protections. Check your improved claim drafting skills in a practice test at the end of the day.
- Claims whose infringement can be proven; Clarity issues
- Divided infringement - how to avoid it
- Drafting claims with a view to subsequent filings in the US
- Claim categories and enforcement
- Products v. processes
- Method, apparatus/device/system, computer program (product), data stream/structure, product-by-process etc.
- Recognized technical effects - non-technical effects - borderline cases
- User interfaces/ergonomics
- Technical aspects of business methods
- Computer games
- Data processing/modeling
- Mathematics and algorithms
- Technicality: tuning title/description/abstract
- Describing technical effects
- Intermediate generalization - how to avoid it
- Identify the technical invention in a sample invention disclosure
- Draft a set of claims
- Find out if competitors managed to work around your claims
Christof is a European Patent Attorney and attorney-at-law admitted to practice in Germany and New York. He is a partner at the Munich office of Bardehle Pagenberg and prosecutes and litigates patents in the fields of information technology and telecommunications, including for worldwide major manufacturers of mobile phones and computer game consoles. His extensive litigation experience allows him to put an emphasis on claims with an optimum scope of protection. He was recommended in Global Chambers 2018, Who’s Who Legal 2018, and The Legal 500 2018.
Nähere Informationen finden Sie hier.
NL 1017CT Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 554 0800
Computer-implemented inventions are now wide-spread in areas such as telecommunications, automotive or medical engineering. Drafting patent claims and IP strategies for software innovations show considerable differences in detail. Learn the particularities and train to draft better claims for software innovations!
06.06.2019 in Amsterdam
This course provides drafting and negotiating advice for EU practitioners, with precise references to existing US law.
04. - 05.06.2019 in Heidelberg
This course will outline the principles of licensing and examine every stage, from taking the decision to license, through negotiation to an in-depth analysis of an international license to what happens after the agreement has been signed.
05. - 06.06.2019 in Amsterdam
This course will lead participants through all essential steps in preparing for Oral Proceedings. The first part of the day is devoted to the patent granting procedure and opposition. The second part will prepare you for a better presentation before the Boards of Appeal. The day will be completed with case studies and role simulations guided by our excellent speakers.
04. - 05.06.2019 in Amsterdam