Digital Patents: Claim Drafting
- Software claim categories
- Identifying the technical invention
- Claim drafting tips
- Tuning the specification for technicality
- Arguing technical effect
- Find out if competitors can work around your claims
Aims and objectivesThere are some particularities to consider when drafting patent claims for computerimplemented inventions (CII).
The Claim Drafting course will allow attendees to deepen their knowledge and improve their skills in claim drafting with a focus on software patents. In order to reach this goal our program offers highly intensive drafting exercises divided into three modules over the course of the day. The emphasis lies on identifying technical subject matter which can be claimed in software patents and drafting a claim set which provides an optimum scope of protections. Check your improved claim drafting skills in a practice test at the end of the day.
- Claims whose infringement can be proven; Clarity issues
- Divided infringement - how to avoid it
- Drafting claims with a view to subsequent filings in the US
- Claim categories and enforcement
- Products v. processes
- Method, apparatus/device/system, computer program (product), data stream/structure, product-by-process etc.
- Recognized technical effects - non-technical effects - borderline cases
- User interfaces/ergonomics
- Technical aspects of business methods
- Computer games
- Data processing/modeling
- Mathematics and algorithms
- Technicality: tuning title/description/abstract
- Describing technical effects
- Intermediate generalization - how to avoid it
- Identify the technical invention in a sample invention disclosure
- Draft a set of claims
- Find out if competitors managed to work around your claims
Christof is a European Patent Attorney and attorney-at-law admitted to practice in Germany and New York. He is a partner at the Munich office of Bardehle Pagenberg and prosecutes and litigates patents in the fields of information technology and telecommunications, including for worldwide major manufacturers of mobile phones and computer game consoles. His extensive litigation experience allows him to put an emphasis on claims with an optimum scope of protection. He was recommended in Global Chambers 2018, Who’s Who Legal 2018, and The Legal 500 2018.
Nähere Informationen finden Sie hier.
NL 1017CT Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 554 0800
This masterclass will provide you with an intensive and practical overview of all relevant legal and practical issues concerning opposition and appeal proceedings before the EPO.
16. - 17.05.2019 in Amsterdam
Learn in this hands-on course how to improve your patent portfolio management skills.
07. - 08.05.2019 in Amsterdam
Computer-implemented inventions are now wide-spread in areas such as telecommunications, automotive or medical engineering. Drafting patent claims and IP strategies for software innovations show considerable differences in detail. Learn the particularities and train to draft better claims for software innovations!
06.06.2019 in Amsterdam
Our experienced speakers will help you to be prepared for FTO challenges when your company or your client wants to introduce new products or enhance existing ones. They will discuss with you best practices for setting up time and cost sensitive FTO searches and drafting effective FTO opinions.
16.05.2019 in Amsterdam/Leiden
IP Strategy - the interactive course which helps you setting up convincing IP strategy plans
21. - 23.05.2019 in Heidelberg