Our terms and conditions
General terms and conditions regarding attendance at conferences, symposia, seminars and courses as well as other services, including in-house events, Online FORUMs, etc. (hereinafter 'Events') of FORUM Institut für Management GmbH (hereinafter 'FORUM Institut').
I. General provisions
1. Contracting parties
FORUM Institut offers are intended exclusively for companies and professionals. Consumers in the legal sense may not be a contracting party and shall be required to disclose their role as a consumer upon registration. If no such disclosure is made and FORUM Institut therefore cannot recognise the role of a consumer as such, the contracting party shall be treated as a professional. In order to be valid, consumer contracts and registrations shall require FORUM Institut’s express written consent to the consumer acting as a contracting or registering party.
The provisions set forth on the registration form (for example, in printed brochures or online at www.forum-institut.com
) and the following contractual conditions shall apply to any contract regarding attendance at FORUM Institut Events, which shall only be valid once FORUM Institut has confirmed the participant’s application in writing. All contract modifications or amendments shall be made in writing. Verbal agreements shall only be binding if FORUM Institut confirms them in writing. The same shall apply to this clause.
3. Cancellation of registration by the participant
It shall be possible to cancel registration two weeks prior to the respective Event against an administrative fee of € 50. In the case of cancellations made up to one week prior to the respective Event, half the total attendance fee shall be charged; in the case of cancellations received less than one week in advance, the attendance fee shall be paid in full unless another colleague from the same company participates instead. A change of participants shall be handled in the same manner as described in Sentence 1.
b) Cancellation in the case of a discount agreement
If the participant has been granted a discount by FORUM Institut, said discount shall only apply to performance of the contract. Should the participant cancel an Event, the cancellation fee shall be calculated according to the full Event participation fee.
aa) Participant discounts
If the client (company) has been granted a group discount, that is, based on the attendance of several participants at the same Event, the following special regulation shall apply: the regulations in section 3a) above all apply for each individually cancelled participant. The group discount shall no longer apply for the calculation of the remaining attendance fee; all remaining participants shall be charged the full attendance fee.
bb) Event discounts
If the client (company) has been granted a bulk discount, that is, based on the attendance of one person at several Events, the following special regulation shall apply: the regulations in section 3a) above shall apply for each individually cancelled Event. The bulk discount shall no longer apply for the calculation of the remaining attendance fee; the full attendance fee shall be charged for each remaining Event.
c) Cancellation deadline and form
In order to adhere to the deadline, cancellations shall be submitted by post, email or fax to the attention of the registration department.
4. Prices and fees
The prices and fees stated (including the cancellation fees) are net prices; applicable VAT shall also be paid.
5. Event cancellation
FORUM Institut shall reserve the right to cancel an Event for commercial or organisational reasons. In such cases, FORUM Institut shall refund all attendance fees that have already been paid. No additional reimbursement may be claimed due to the cancellation unless otherwise provided for under Section 5 below. FORUM Institut shall not refund any additional charges incurred as a result of the participant having to cancel or rebook transport or accommodation that they had arranged.
We would like to advise of the possibility of booking business rates with transport companies, such as railway companies or airlines, which can be cancelled free of charge, or of the option of taking out Event cancellation insurance.
As long as it does not concern essential responsibilities as outlined in the contractual agreement, FORUM Institut (both directly and through its vicarious agents) shall only assume liability for damages that can be established as resulting from an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty within the scope of the contractual agreement, and which may be defined as typically foreseeable damages. Should an Event be postponed or cancelled due to force majeure, FORUM Institut shall assume no liability. FORUM Institut shall not assume liability for damages resulting from the possibly erroneous and/or incomplete content of presentations and/or Event documentation.
7. Changes to the Event schedule
FORUM Institut shall reserve the right to replace or remove individual presentations, provided such changes do not affect the overall character of the Event.
8. Rejections of registrations
FORUM Institut shall reserve the right to reject registrations for an Event and shall be under no obligation to provide an explanation for its decision.
9. Use of Event documentation
All presentations and Event documentation shall be subject to copyright law. Rights to their use may only be transferred through express written consent. Should participants be provided with documentation for download, the right to use shall be restricted to the participant. The participant shall be allowed to save the files on their desktop and mobile devices as often as desired, as long as they ensure they are the only person with access to the files. Disclosure of access data shall be prohibited. Participants shall not be permitted to copy licenced materials distributed for informational, educational or training purposes. Licenced materials shall include computer programmes and/or other licenced data (or databases) in machine-readable form, as well as their accompanying documentation.
10. Film and photography rights
Event participants shall grant the Event organiser the permission to create, record, copy, distribute, allow to be distributed, or otherwise use all audio-visual media images, audio and/or video recordings in/on which they appear, and which extend beyond the simple recording of an Event. This consent shall apply to all conventional and future media, and shall be granted irrevocably and without commercial or other recompense.
II. Provisions for special Events and conditions
In addition to the general provisions listed above, the respective special provisions shall also apply to the following Events:
1. Training programmes
Participation in a training programme may be cancelled up to five weeks prior to its commencement, against a cancellation fee amounting to 2 % of the participation fee. After this point in time, the following schedule of fees shall apply:
- up to three weeks prior to programme commencement: 15 %;
- up to two weeks prior to programme commencement: 50 %;
- up to one week prior to programme commencement: 80 %;
- if cancellations are made less than one week prior to programme commencement, or if a participant fails to attend the programme: 100 %.
The regular participation fee shall serve as the basis for the cancellation fee, provided it does not exceed the amount invoiced to the participant for the programme in question.
2. In-house training
In-house training programmes may be cancelled up to eight weeks before the scheduled date, against a cancellation fee of € 500. In the case of cancellations up to four weeks before the scheduled commencement, 50 % of the participation fee shall be paid; after this date, the fee shall be paid in full.
Cancellation fees for third-party service providers, in particular, those for travel costs or hotel accommodation, shall be passed on to the participant in full. Should an in-house training programme be postponed due to force majeure, as a result of illness, an accident or other injury, or due to any other speaker hindrance for which FORUM Institut is not responsible, an alternative date shall be scheduled or an equally qualified substitute speaker shall be provided after consulting with the client.
3. Event series
An Event series is when a combination of several modules or Events is booked in one go. In such cases, individual modules or Events may not be cancelled separately. The entire booking may be cancelled up to four weeks before the first scheduled date, against a cancellation fee amounting to 3 % of the entire participation fee. In all other cases, the provisions of Section I, Subsection 3, Sentence 2 shall apply.
Participants may, with the permission of FORUM Institut, change their module bookings up to four weeks before the first scheduled date at no additional charge.
4. Events including hotel accommodation
If an Event offered by FORUM Institut includes hotel accommodation in the package price, it may be cancelled up to 60 days before the scheduled commencement, against an administrative fee amounting to 8 % of the participation fee. After this point, a cancellation fee of 20 % of the participation fee shall apply for cancellations received up to 45 days before the commencement, or 30 %, 40 %, 60 % or 90 % for cancellations received up to 30, 16, eight or less than eight days, respectively. If participants do not attend, or if their cancellation is received within 24 hours of the scheduled Event, the participation fee shall be paid in full.
If a participant has booked additional overnight stays or a double room in a hotel, the cancellation policy of the respective hotel shall apply. If the participant or the Event organiser cancels the Event, the participant shall personally attend to the cancellation of their booking.
III. Closing provisions
1. The court of jurisdiction shall be Heidelberg, Germany, and the applicable law shall be German law provided a contract has been entered into with a company pursuant to Section 14 of the German Civil Code (BGB).
2. The present general terms and conditions shall be governed exclusively by German law and shall exclude the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
Special terms and conditions for online offers
These terms and conditions shall apply in addition to the general terms and conditions of FORUM Institut für Management GmbH (FORUM) for e-learning, online forums, Web TV and other Internet-based services and offers.
1. The content provided, be it user or educational content, may be used by registered users exclusively for their own purposes, in accordance with the agreement. It may not be copied, further used or disclosed to third parties.
2. The provided products and services shall constitute no legally binding offer. Clicking the ‘Submit’ button shall constitute a binding registration or order. An agreement shall only enter into force once FORUM has sent an individual confirmation. This shall also apply in the event that you submit your registration or order in some other manner (post, email, fax, telephone, etc.).
3. Participants and users shall be obligated to keep their access data (login, password) confidential and to not provide third parties with access to their accounts. It shall not be permitted to transfer the account to a third party.
4. Once the customer has received the access data, and the content (in full or in part) is available online, the seminar shall be considered as commenced. Therefore, cancellation may not be made from this point on. Otherwise, cancellations may be made up to two weeks after registration or order, against an administrative fee of € 50. Cancellations may be made later, but before the access data has been sent, against a fee of 50 % of the participation fee.
5. Should the offer be based on a membership with a minimum term, the membership shall be extended for another year unless written notice of termination is received no later than six weeks before the end of the membership. FORUM shall be entitled to terminate the membership early, in which case the pro rata annual fee shall be refunded.
6. FORUM shall accept no liability for the correctness and completeness of the content.
8. By acquiring access, the named customer shall be entitled to use the account and shall acquire the licence to use the content personally. It shall not be permitted to allow other persons to use the account, even without disclosing the access data, unless multiple user licences, accounts or corporate accounts have been set up.
9. FORUM shall warrant the availability of the data in accordance with the usual technical standards. However, we would like to advise that our data and services shall not always be available, through no fault of our own. We shall not be liable for cases in which our data and services are not available, through no fault of our own (for example, customer’s software, hardware, firewall or bandwidth; temporary server or communication network failures; etc.). Termination or a price reduction on these grounds shall not be possible, unless the failure is the responsibility of FORUM and lasts for more than seven working days.
10. Should FORUM make an archive available, FORUM may delete data or offers after 12 months. Should FORUM make services available, FORUM shall be obligated to make the archive available to the customer for up to three months after termination, if access to the archive was agreed upon with the customer.
Version: 1 January 2016